Modern Design of TORRENT Boilers
A complete series of boilers with four specially designed cast iron elements available in five different models!
Each of these models are designed for the complete exploitation of heat input with the maximum energy efficiency of each type of boiler. All TORRENT boilers are designed according to German and European standards and they all have three complete finned flue gas passes and extensive heating surfaces.Complete exploitation of the heat input with maximum energy efficiency for each type of boiler.
Optimized series of boilers power rating in relation to the number of cast iron elements per type of boiler. That means:
- Smaller number of cast iron elements
- Fast and easy assembling
- Extensive power range
Innovative layout of the refractory lining made of ceramic fibres, so as to obtain:
- Low resistance of the flue gas
- Silent operation and smooth starting of the burner
- Perfect matching with all major burner types
Water passages are wide and comfortable in order to ensure the best water circulation! TORRENT boilers have particularly low values of the unburnt fuel (soot and CO) and the excess air ratio. Complete exploitation of the advantages and features of the modern low emissions burners (low NOX
Design requirements for CE Marking of hot water boilers (Directive 92/42/EEC)
The directive 92/42/EEC determines the efficiency requirements applicable to new hot-water boilers fired by liquid or gaseous fuel with a rated output of no less than 4 kW and no more than 400 kW.
- At rated output, i.e. operating at rated output, Pn expressed in kW, at an average boiler-water temperature of 70°C, and at part load, i.e. operating at 30 % part load, at an average boiler-water temperature which varies according to the type of the boiler.
TORRENT Boilers Chimney Design
At the back of the boiler, the hot gas flues are channelled via the flue gas connection to the chimney. The three-pass design reduces the dwell time of the hot gases in the high reaction temperature range. Resulting in reduced nitrogen oxide emissions!
High Efficiency of TORRENT Boilers
The net efficiency according to DIN 1942 is:
Loses are considered to be the
- unburned fuel
- heat loses through insufficient insulation and
- loses from the exhaustion gases.
Efficiency Requirements for CE Marking of hot water boilers (Directive 92/42/EEC)
Construction advantages of TORRENT Boilers
TORRENT boilers are very economic in the operation, due to the fact of high ratio of cast iron amount in comparison with the water amount and due to the high heat capacity of the cast iron. We have tried to keep our boilers as compact as possible, which is an advantage concerning the space they need for their installation.
Advantages of TORRENT boilers
- Furnace with fines and water cooled rear element for maximum utilization of the flame radiation and minimization of NOx formation.
- Fines located in the second and third flue gas pass too, in convection surfaces in order to improve the heat transfer.
- The cast iron elements are symmetrical to the vertical leνel for uniformity of the water fluid and thermal - mechanical charges.
- High quality heat resistance ceramic fibre insulation of the interior of the furnace door.
- Thickness of the ceramic fibre insulation for TORRENT SUN series is 50 mm.
- All other boiler surfaces are insulated with 50 mm fiberglass.
- High quality of the cast iron (DIN 1691).
High working pressure of boiler water! (High Quality Sign)
- All cast iron sections before the production have hydraulically tested at 4x operation pressure +2 bar, according to EN 303-1.
- The assembled boilers are then hydraulically tested at 1.3x operation pressure.
- Cast iron elements are hydraulically tested at 10 bar pressure with cold water before machining.
- The TORRENT SUN boilers may operate up to 4 bar water pressure.
- Cast iron sections are tested to more than 30 bar!
Wall thickness of TORRENT boilers
SUN : 5,5 mm
High Quality of Casting
The high quality of the the cast iron boilers is maintained and controlled by experienced technicians at our foundry. The casting is carried out in moulds of high accuracy which are produced in a modern, automatic furan resins unit, achieving correct geometry and excellent casting surfaces.
The boiler wall thickness and quality of the cast iron is controlled ensuring strength against fatigue and long life.
The TORRENT SUN cast iron elements provide the ability to assemble a boiler fast and easy. They are a perfect match with all major burner types and the increase in cast iron elements increase the power rating of a boiler.
All the cast iron elements of the TORRENT SUN boilers, are hydraulically tested at 10 bar pressure with cold water before machining. Each cast iron element has three complete finned flue gas passes providing extensive heating surfaces. The tests of the assembled boilers and cast iron elements are performed and hydraulically tested 1.3 x operation pressure according to the ΕΝ 303 -1.
The high ratio of cast iron weight to the water content is also very important for the high hydraulic strength of the boiler (even in high water pressure) and also for a long lifetime.
TORRENT boilers satisfy all below requirements according to DIN 1691 and EN 1561!
C: 3.1 - 3.5%
Mn: 0.5 - 0.8%
Si: 2.0 - 2.3%
S: 0.1% max.
P: 0.2% max.
Rm***: ≥150 N/mm2
CEL*: 3.9 - 4.2
CEV**: 4.05 - 4.2
Brinell hardness: 160 - 220 BHN, 2.5/187/5